Chapter 4: Keep the Cover Story Natural The moment I stepped out of the dungeon, I was greeted by a bunch of stares. It was just before 4 p.m. I'd come out earlier than the busiest hours, but even so, this being the large-scale Hachioji Dungeon, there were still quite a fair number of Explorers in the lobby. What their eyes were fixed on was Lapis, flying right around the level of my head. Long blonde hair, white traditional dress, and fairy wings. Telling her not to stand out would've been the harder task. But this was modern-day Japan, after all. Nobody came rushing over without any regard for manners. Mostly people just whispered to whoever was next to them, and a handful pulled out their phones to start filming. Wonder if I could charge a filming fee. "Ooh, so this is the Guild. There sure are a lot of people!" Everything seemed to be new to her, and Lapis kept looking around, exclaiming like that. From somewhere in the crowd I heard someone go, "It talked!...
Comments
Post a Comment