Dungeon Gacha Life Chapter 20

 Chapter 20: A Night of Sorting Out Skills


Having hit my fourth pity cap, I wrapped up that day's exploring early.


I tried pressing my palms together at Shimotsuki-san over at the counter, and she gave me a disgusted look for it. I was just trying to convey my silent gratitude, that's all.


Anyway, one way or another, I was home now. By taxi, of course.


And I was sitting on the sofa now with my Status board pulled up.


My goal, of course, was claiming the Unique Skill I'd earned as my pity-cap reward. And then actually putting that Skill to use.


This time, the one I was choosing was the Unique Skill "Skill Integration."


――――――――――――――――――

 Unique Skill: Skill Integration

 Freely select multiple ordinary Skills from among those possessed

 Restructure and consolidate them into a single upgraded Skill that incorporates and develops their functions

――――――――――――――――――


Basically, a way to clean up my ever-expanding pile of Skills.


At this point, my Skills list only ever kept growing. Between the ones I'd picked up by spending SP and the many more I'd gotten by using Skill Orbs from SR pulls, the list had gotten out of hand.


Things like "Fatigue Reduction," or "Restful Sleep."


The number of SRs I'd pulled so far came to 46. Of those, a full 28 had been Skill Orbs.


Some, like "Spearmanship," I'd left unused and shelved for eventual sale, but there were still plenty I'd judged worth keeping.


Here's the Skills list that reflects all of that.


――――――――――――――――――

[SP] 95


[Skills Possessed]

 ・Appraisal

 ・Detection Lv10 ・Swordsmanship Lv10

 ・Physical Enhancement Lv10 ・Herculean Strength Lv10 ・Fortitude Lv10

 ・Slash Lv5 ・Slasher Lv5


 ・Poison Resistance Lv1 ・Sleep Resistance Lv1

 ・Confusion Resistance Lv1 ・Paralysis Resistance Lv1

 ・Charm Resistance Lv1 ・Petrification Resistance Lv1


 ・Blunt Resistance Lv1 ・Slash Resistance Lv1

 ・Pierce Resistance Lv1


 ・Fire Resistance Lv1 ・Lightning Resistance Lv1

 ・Ice Resistance Lv1


 ・Fatigue Reduction ・Restful Sleep ・Good Health

――――――――――――――――――


Yeah, I was genuinely grateful the Skills list came with a sort feature. I wanted to give a round of applause to the drag-and-drop rearranging functionality that the system had built.


After all, my total SP earned so far added up to 400.


With Lv100, which granted a total of 99 SP, said to be the ceiling for all of humanity, this pile of points I'd farmed by repeatedly resetting my Level through "Gacha" was clearly a bug in the system.


Well, I'd gladly make use of it anyway. Here's hoping a patch never comes along to fix it, for all eternity.


* * *


Out of the 400 SP I'd earned, I'd poured 305 points into leveling up my five core Skills and my slashing-type Skills, and kept the remaining 95 in reserve for scouting Skills.


Skills like "Detection" and "Swordsmanship," which I'd already leveled up to Lv5 a while back, I'd now pushed all the way to the cap of Lv10.


Raising a single Skill to Lv10 required 55 SP. Even Lv5, which already boasted absurd performance, only needed 15 SP. On top of that, the minimum Level needed to earn 55 SP legitimately was 56.


Someone who'd raised even a single Skill to Lv10 was probably rare on a global scale. Sure enough, even searching online, all I could find about Skill Lv10 were rumors.


And I had five of those legendary-tier Skills, all at once.


"Detection Lv10" let me perfectly track every monster in the vicinity.


Thanks to "Swordsmanship Lv10," I'd become the kind of swordsman that gets remembered in the annals of human history.


"Physical Enhancement Lv10" had pushed my athletic reflexes to their absolute limit.


"Herculean Strength Lv10" had given me a strength unmatched in any era.


And "Fortitude Lv10" had left me tough enough to make even Hercules jealous.


Comparing myself against videos published by top-tier Explorers, I could probably say my physical specs already ranked among the best in the world.


I'd built my Skills with boosting my baseline stats in mind, and before I knew it, this was where I'd ended up. Well, better too much than not enough, so — good enough.


Next, the various resistance Skills. Every single one of these had come from Orbs pulled through the SR slot.


On the physical side: "Slash," "Blunt," and "Pierce." For status ailments: "Poison," "Sleep," "Confusion," "Paralysis," "Charm," and "Petrification." And mainly from magic attacks: "Fire," "Lightning," and "Ice."


I hadn't gotten resistances for elements like "Earth" or "Light" yet.


Normally, these wouldn't even show up on the list of acquirable Skills unless you'd taken the corresponding attack over and over. The fact that I could get them straight from the guaranteed SR slot of a ten-pull really showed just how broken "Gacha" was as a Skill.


Any resistance-type Skill Orb I got, I made a point of using right away. They were also the biggest headache clogging up my Skills list.


The rest were everyday convenience Skills.


On top of the "Fatigue Reduction" and "Restful Sleep" I already had, I'd newly picked up "Good Health" too. Apparently it made you less prone to getting sick.


Add to all that the Active Skills, the slashing Skill "Slash Lv5" and the area-attack Skill "Slasher Lv5" plus the unglamorous but essential "Appraisal," and that rounded out my full Skills list.


Even just from that, the sheer number of Skills was considerable. And on top of that, I was planning to pick up a whole range of scouting Skills going forward, too.


Managing all of it alone was bound to become a serious hassle. Which was exactly why, for this pity-cap reward, there'd never really been any option besides "Skill Integration."


* * *


First, I integrated the group of Skills that boosted my baseline stats.


――――――――――――――――――

"Physical Master" Lv5

 Simultaneously boosts the body's physical specs and maintains the condition of one's vital functions


[Component Skills]

 ・Physical Enhancement ・Herculean Strength ・Fortitude

 ・Fatigue Reduction ・Restful Sleep ・Good Health

――――――――――――――――――


It had dropped down to Lv5, but I couldn't feel any change in how my body moved. If I pushed this all the way to Lv10 from here, wouldn't I basically stop being human for real?


Next, compressing the various resistance Skills.


――――――――――――――――――

"Physical Resistance" Lv1

 Reduces damage taken from physical attacks in general


(Component Skills)

 ・Slash Resistance ・Blunt Resistance ・Pierce Resistance

――――――――――――――――――


――――――――――――――――――

"Status Ailment Resistance" Lv1

 Reduces the chance of being afflicted with any status ailment


(Component Skills)

 ・Poison Resistance ・Sleep Resistance ・Confusion Resistance

 ・Paralysis Resistance ・Charm Resistance ・Petrification Resistance

――――――――――――――――――


――――――――――――――――――

"Elemental Resistance (Minor)" Lv1

 Reduces damage taken from all elemental attacks


(Component Skills)

 ・Fire Resistance ・Lightning Resistance ・Ice Resistance

――――――――――――――――――


The "Minor" tag was probably there because the source Skills didn't cover every element yet. I wanted to keep picking up and integrating the remaining resistances every time I got them from the gacha.


* * *


Next was acquiring and integrating the scouting Skills I'd need going forward. The Skills I picked up were as follows.


・Stealth: Makes it harder to be noticed by others nearby

・Escape: Makes it easier to flee from combat

・Night Vision: Secures sight even in darkness

・Farsight: Allows precise viewing of things at a distance

・Mana Sight: Allows viewing the waveform of magical power

・Trap Detection: Senses and locates set traps

・Trap Disarm: Disarms and neutralizes set traps


I folded "Detection" in with these seven to create an upgraded Skill.


――――――――――――――――――

"Master of Scouting" Lv3

 An upgraded scouting Skill that covers concealment, detection, and hazard handling


(Component Skills)

 ・Detection ・Stealth ・Escape

 ・Night Vision ・Farsight ・Mana Sight

 ・Trap Detection ・Trap Disarm

――――――――――――――――――


With that, my scouting skillset was all set. I'd keep an eye on how things went and level it up from here.


Finally, I picked up and integrated one last group of Skills I'd thought of.


――――――――――――――――――

"Intuition" Lv3

 Senses any and all events closing in on the user through a sixth sense


(Component Skills)

 ・Presence Sense ・Mana Sense ・Danger Sense

――――――――――――――――――


Better safe than sorry, I guess. I wasn't exactly the sharp-instincts type by nature, so if a Skill could make up for that, there was nothing better.


This should be plenty for now. If anything turned out to be missing, I could always just pick it up as I went.


Finally, I looked over my current Status and gave a satisfied nod.


――――――――――――――――――

[Name] Suzukaze Touya

――――――――――――――――――

[Lv] 1


[HP] 323/323

[MP] 269/269


[STR] 10+105

[VIT] 8+96

[AGI] 10+99

[DEX] 8+96

[INT] 11+120

[MND] 12+126

――――――――――――――――――

[SP] 70

[Skills Possessed]

 ・Appraisal ・Swordsmanship Lv10

 ・Slash Lv5 ・Slasher Lv5


 ・Physical Master Lv5

 ・Master of Scouting Lv3 ・Intuition Lv3


 ・Physical Resistance Lv1 ・Elemental Resistance (Minor) Lv1

 ・Status Ailment Resistance Lv1


[Unique Skill]

 ・Gacha ・Triple EXP Gain

 ・Item Box ・Status Disguise

 ・Skill Integration

――――――――――――――――――

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dropout Exorcist Part 1 Chapter 1

Dropout Exorcist Part 1 Chapter 5

Magic Scavenger Part 1 Chapter 2